Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday 15 November 2011

Sound's Person Journal (Mariam Nawab)

Sound Persons Journal
Mariam Nawab

Since before the Production of the film, I have been looking for different sounds that would go well with the script, the atmosphere inside it. I wanted to make sure that the sounds I was choosing, I would choose carefully and thoroughly to have the best and most suitable for our film. And I had to make sure, as the Director also, that the other sounds that were being used were also suitable for the upcoming Film. I did not want anything that would make our Film bad and not gain the attention of the audience and so I decided to make a list of sounds that sounded right for the film and then a short list to make sure we didn't have too much sound, blocking every other element of the movie.

At first, to find some sounds/ music, I looked on youtube, this was to find eerie music to go on the background as non-diegetic crescendo music to build up tension when the atmosphere is tense. I could not find anything very suitable because Youtube is immensly large in terms of it's files and so it was very difficult to find music without a lot of beats and other sounds, to it to make it less eerie.

And so I settled for 3 of my personal choice, that I thought were quite outstanding from the other sounds I heard on youtube. I found these from a hardrive file on a PC in my Media Room and all three of these were used in the film alongside other sounds. I thought that the sounds made the Film better just because of the style and message of the sound.

Overall, I think that the time and effort I took to find the right sounds paid off in the film. For future preference I would like to find more sounds from different places instead of from only 2 sources, this will give me a wider range of sounds that I can choose from and possibly save me some time as it may just be easier that way. I thoroughly enjoyed looking for sounds and do hope to do it again but with more effort into finding it and with the right information I hopefully will be able to.

0 comments: